School District Health Information
Interior Health Services to Schools
Learn more about the current services IH offers to schools: detailed, graphical or review the annual newsletter - Information for Schools.
School public health nurses and nursing support nurses
A listing of the public health nurses and nursing support nurses and the schools they cover.
- Public Health Nurses and Schools: Information for School Principals and Teachers
- Teaching Children about Needle Safety
- Opioid Overdose Information for Schools
- Helping a Student with a Suspected Eating Disorder
- School Staff Letters for Middle and Secondary Schools
- Health Hints for Schools Newsletters
- Health Promoting Schools Newsletters for Teachers and Parents
- Condoms for your school: condom pilot project
- Free Condom Supply Form
- GI Infection in schools
Health Promoting Schools (HPS)
IH promotes and supports Health Promoting Schools through the widely recognized pillars of Comprehensive School Health.
Learn more about Heallth Promoting Schools, find HPS Coordinators contact information and past issues of the newsletter.
To assist with resources for classroom teaching on health topics, the following Healthy Schools Teaching Toolkits are available below or by contacting your School Health nurse.
- Adoption and Foster Care
- Hand Hygiene
- Healthy Eating
- Healthy Relationships
- Positive Mental Health
- Sexual Health
- Substance Use
- Tobacco Reduction
- Vaccines and Immunology
The Cook It. Try It. Like It! Leaders Guide was developed to teach kids that healthy eating can be fun and easy. View the video playlist and read the training series script.
We promote tobacco free children and youth in our schools.